Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Floorboard Holes and Ant Hills

The Kenya Diaries (vol. 26)

July 20, 2006

Lucia's Turn

This morning we went to Nakuru to go shopping. When the matatu started moving I could see the road through a big hole in the floor. I tapped Mama on the leg and showed her. She didn't seem very happy about watching the road go by under our feet. I think I stared at the road through the hole all the way to Nakuru. It was fun.

At the store Mama bought tuff puffs, paint and glue. Then we went to the Sweet Shoppe for lunch. I had a hot dog and some chips. My hot dog was cold!

When we got home we played Bridge Designer on Daddy's computer. It was fun to build bridges and then see if the trucks could make it across without crashing!


After supper we played outside with Dennis. It was a fun day!



July 21, 2006

Philip's Turn


This morning we found a city of ants. They were nice friendly ants that were working to make tunnels for their queen mother. We watched them a long time. Fr. Johannes found a city of mean ants that can kill you if they bite you all over your body. He sprayed poison on that city and killed the ants. He didn't spray our friendly ants. We found one mean ant by our nice ants, but Ania killed it.

Then we watched Pink Panther again in the t.v. room. It rained on Mama's clean clothes -- that made them extra, extra, extra clean. -- and wet! During the rain we were playing Uno, and the rain was so loud we couldn't even hear each other!










For supper we had a guest - Brother Vincent. Mama made good spaghetti with meat sauce, bread sticks and frosted heart cake for dessert. I ate all my food and two pieces of cake! It was so yummy in my tummy!

For prayers we said The Divine Mercy Chaplet for our trip to Lake Nakuru tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus. Amina.

 

2 comments:

  1. I forgot about seeing the road under our feet. I also forgot about the nice and mean ants.
    ~Lucia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you were only three years old, Cici Bean! I'm glad I kept journals for my children! It makes looking back so much fun!

      Delete