Friday, February 24, 2012

Shoebox Safari

Everyone who knows me knows that I love Kenya.

So, when part of the fourth grade curriculum takes our class to visit the grasslands of Kenya each year, I am particularly motivated to get my whole class excited about Kenya as well.

In addition to studying the textbook, I asked my class this year to create a diorama of the Kenyan grasslands. I didn't give them any restrictions other than that it fit in a shoebox. I encouraged them to take the facts that they learned, and add their own imaginations to their scenes.

What they brought in today was exceptional.




















I love these! Kinda makes me feel like I'm back in Kenya! Good job, class!



3 comments:

  1. I love these! The one with the safari jeep is especially cool. Good job, 4th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these! It's always fun to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, "Moms" for making this a fun project for the kids, especially when your older ones were in the throws of science fair projects.

    ReplyDelete