Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Turning Twelve

Today my eleven year old moves up to the last  pre-teen year. Here is a glimpse of the joy that this boy brings to my heart.




P is for PLAYFUL, yes, he's on the ball,











H is for HUNGRY, he's getting quite tall.













I is for INQUISITIVE, he always asks "Why?"














L is for LOVING, he's a sensitive guy.













I is for IMPRESSIVE, he's a Civil War buff,

P is for PROPHETIC, and if that's not enough,







I will tell you a story that showcases this,
but it just doesn't rhyme, so read my postscript:)

Happy Birthday, Philip! I love you!

Mama

P.S.  Here is a story about one of Philip's prophetic moments.  We were in Kenya having family prayers. It was 9:30, which was quite late for us since we never went out after dark. (The sun set around 7:00). We had a few minutes of quiet time to listen to the Lord, and then Andy asked us what we heard Him say. Philip said he heard God say that we need to go to Mass whenever it is available to us. About 10 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. It was Fr. Johannes. He apologized for the late hour, but said that he was about to celebrate Mass, and asked us if we'd like to join him. Needless to say, we all grabbed our shoes and attended Mass in our pajamas that night.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that Philip LOVES frogs?




1 comment:

  1. We love u Philip! You're the best little brother ever;)
    -Ania

    ReplyDelete