Sunday, May 13, 2012

Appreciation Week Extraordinaire


Seven Quick Takes (vol. 9)

I can't even begin to describe how blessed I have been this past week. How can I put into words the feeling that my heart is overflowing all over the place. Hopefully if I try to share just a little glimpse of this feeling, you can catch a few splashes yourself.

God is so good to me, and this week especially He is reminding me that I am one of His favorites. I bet He is just waiting to remind you the same thing, because you are one of His favorites, too!







1. Teacher Appreciation Week began on Monday with a special tribute to each teacher by their students, and a hall of fame posted in each of our three buildings.






2. Sometime during math class, a refreshment cart came to my door filled with a variety of drinks and snacks. And get this, the parent that was serving wore a black dress and pearls. Nice touch, Rachel!





3. On Tuesday and Thursday our students' parents brought in fresh fruit, muffins and a tray of cupcakes to show their appreciation to the teachers. On Wednesday a gift was found by each teacher on their desk. And on Friday, moms served us lunch while another mom, dressed in an evening gown and heels, took lunch and recess duty. God bless you, Patti!




4. My lovely daughter, Ania, left this on my desk Thursday morning.










5.  Friday was my pre-birthday celebration. My students each shared something sweet about me at assembly, as did my own children and husband. At home, my family cooked dinner for me, fried chicken salad and Mexican Sundaes for dessert. My cousin gave me a gift that was a real blast from the past. Yes, cows were my life growing up on a dairy farm, and everyone USED to give me cow gifts. I haven't received one of these in decades. Thanks, Kath!





6. Saturday was my birthday, and it was a day for me to give back some of this wonderful appreciation, which only served to intensify its effect. Ania was asked to participate in the Marine Mud Challenge at Fort Gordon, but their team needed an adult member. Andy stepped up to the plate and signed up for Ania's sake. I just love that man!






7. Saturday night was Spring Dance for our high school. Kevin's class of nine boys came over to our house for a barbecue before the dance, put on by two of Alleluia Community's youth leaders (one of whom also happens to be my sister-in-law's fiance). So while the rest of the family was at the mud challenge, Kevin was having a cook out for his class at my house, but did I have any worries? Absolutely not because our youth leaders are awesome!



P.S. This morning as I laid in bed thinking about my seven quick takes, Philip crawled in next to me and said, "Happy Mother's Day, Mama. I love you." Heaven help me....stand back, I think I may just spontaneously combust!

Add your own seven quick takes here.

3 comments:

  1. #6 I did the Mud Challenge at Fort Gordon last year. It was a lot of fun, but I was so tired at the end and the day wasn't even half over yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know how my husband did it. He went from Umpa Lumpa (covered in orange mud) to dressed out in a tux in a matter of a couple hours. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

      Delete