Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

What comes to mind when you think of Mother's Day? If you are like me, words like tenderness and love, sacrifice and generosity fill your thoughts. You may think of pink roses and bouquets of wild flowers, homemade cards and family photos. It is the simple things that mothers seem to treasure the most. I know it was true of mine.

I think it is also true that children love the simple things about their moms the most. Take a look at what my students honored their mothers for:


"I know my mother loves me because..."



~ she comes to my baseball games
~ she helps me with my homework
~ she told me so
~ she plays games with me
~ she buys me new toys
~ she cooks dinner for me every night
~ she prays for me at bedtime
~ she makes me awesome food
~ she lets me have pets
~ she takes me to the mall
~ she spends time with me

Kudos to my class for recognizing the love their mother's have for them!

We also did a class project that has become a favorite of mothers over the years through a company called Makit Products, Inc. We make plates. I have had mothers of high school students come to me requesting that their child be allowed to make another plate after theirs was broken or destroyed in the microwave. Yes, these plates are not microwavable!

I now have a complete set of plates, since my own baby, Lucia, is in fourth grade this year.

Kevin's Plate
Ania's Plate












Philip's Plate
Lucia's Plate















And while I am sharing my favorite Mother's Day gifts over the years, I cannot overlook this one, given to me by my husband and four children back in 2003.


Excalibur

Okay, so maybe not all Mother's Day thoughts are pink roses, cute puppies and airy butterflies, but I am so very honored to be found worthy of being dubbed Sir Mother.


2 comments:

  1. Again, an incredibly meaningful post, Janet. You certainly would deserve a knighthood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful mama to my children, I love you!

    ReplyDelete