Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Riskin' It

I love it when Kevin has game night at the house with his buddies.

 For one thing, I love to listen to these boys fuss and carry on with each other. They have grown up together, and it has been my pleasure to witness their changing from little boys to young men.

Second, if they are here, then I know exactly where they are and what they are doing. I know that in a few years it won't be like this, so I'll take it while I can. It's not that I don't trust them, it's just a "mother thing" that makes us want be near our babies. Umbilical cords and heart strings may be one and the same.

So, as I busied myself around the house Friday night, I had one ear on the Risk game and was quite entertained. I used to hate these types of board games....you know, ones that go on forever and ever, even after the first person loses and drops out. Maybe it was because I hated being the one that had to sit and watch or go find something else to do for the next few hours, or even days.

But as a mother I've grown  to love these games. Anything that encourages this much interaction, healthy competition and camaraderie, and will keep teenagers occupied for hours or even days is a good thing. Especially when I consider the alternatives.

Here are a few clips from this weekend's Risk game (Lord of the Rings Edition).

Day 1 of  Play
Man Your Battle Stations







Day 2 of play
Planning His Strategy





The Agony of Defeat
Winning isn't Everything





The Thrill of Victory

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again Janet for a truthful article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched some of it and it was very funny!
    ~Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Epic! Over 6 hours of actual game time... Great Pics, Love You, Andy

    ReplyDelete