Friday, March 16, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (vol. 2)

1.  Some things never change, like the game "Punch Buggy" I used to play when I was a child. Several years ago my children were surprised to learn that I already knew how to play this game. They were doubly surprised when I would "beat them to the punch." We had to declare the neighborhood turquoise VW Beetle off-limits to prevent unnecessary trips past the owner's driveway.


2.  So, my son Kevin was driving us to church on Sunday when I punched him in the arm and declared,"Silver punch buggy, no punch backs."

"Silver?" Kevin retorted. "You mean yellow!"

"No, Kevin," both his father and I argued, "That was silver."

"All I saw was pollen." Kevin replied.

Yes, unfortunately for allergy sufferers, the pollen is heavy this time of year. Everything IS yellow.




3.  Andy and I won a bouquet of flowers from our local Christian radio station, WAFJ, for our anniversary. I picked them up on Tuesday. They are beautiful!





4.  I opened up my laptop to blog the other day, when I found a note from Ania. What a sweetie! I love you, too!






 5.  The latest craze in our house, at least for Philip, Lucia and me is this treasure I found at our senior's yard sale on Saturday. If you haven't played this game in a while, it might be time to dust it off!





6.  It's difficult to get excited about a ski trip when it is 80 degrees outside. This is a much anticipated weekend for our scouts, who travel up to West Virginia every year mid March. I have a feeling that they will be putting it off until next year. My husband, their Scout Master, thinks otherwise. We should know in about two hours whether our boys will be sitting in their classrooms, or on their way to the slopes. I hope it is the latter.




7.  A sweet way to wrap up our chapter on rocks. I bought these at Wal-mart. Yum!



Check out Jen's to add your own seven quick takes!

1 comment: