Friday, March 9, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (Vol. 1)

1.My baby, Lucia, played in her first ever organized basketball game on Friday. The Alleluia Basketball Development League, (ABDL) second through fifth grade girls showed their stuff, which was about the cutest thing I ever saw in organized sports. Lucia also got her first ever "official" sports injury; a jammed finger. Wear it proudly, girl!
Cute, Johanna!

2.  My husband's baby sister, Johanna, had her first ever bridal shower on Sunday. This is it....the beginning of the end of her single days.

3.  My husband's grandma, the last of the great grandparents, had a major heart attack on Wednesday morning. No one realized what it was, and Grandma said that she "just didn't feel right" at 3:30 in the morning. Andy's parents took her to the hospital where she underwent surgery, and is now sitting up in bed, receiving visitors. Thank you, Jesus, for your continued hand on Grandma. She will be 90 next month.

4.  "Mrs. Hatfield, what does sympathy mean?" several voices chimed during vocabulary class. I couldn't believe they had never heard that word before, so I challenged them to think about it. No one knew. Finally one student called out, "I know, it's when you go and listen to a bunch of instruments performing music."

5. My dear friend was taken to the hospital for a reaction to one of her drugs after chemotherapy. My husband and I went to see her last night, as well as his grandmother (see #3). What I expected was to find her in need of encouragement, based on my struggles with my first round of chemo. What I found when I walked into her room was a beautiful smile, a welcoming hug, and a woman of strength, of honor, and of beauty! Thank you, Karen.
House Guest

6.  My husband found a visitor in our house yesterday, seated on my hibiscus plant. Good eyes, Andy!

7.  Halfway through a conversation with Philip I realized I was looking eye-to-eye with him. When did that happen? I am as tall as a 12 year old. Congratulations, Philip, you are about to join the ranks of Ania and Kevin, who passed me up several inches ago.


Now head on over to Jen's to add you seven quick takes.

1 comment: