Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Forty-two years ago today, a tall, dark and handsome man married a spunky, petite brunette and together they raised four lively, lovely children, two boys and two girls. The family continued to grow as their children began starting families of their own, and five grandchildren appeared on the scene; five wonderful, adorable grandchildren.

Over the years, their empty bedrooms have been filled again with aging parents, aunts, and uncles. Never becoming self-absorbed, never worried about their "space," they have always welcomed people into their lives.

It is my honor to call this couple Mom and Dad Hatfield. They are the ones who raised my husband, and formed him into the wonderful man that he is. They are the ones who call me daughter, and love my children effortlessly.

Yes, I do have my own set of wonderful parents whom I love very dearly, but I do not have to choose between them. I can love them both, just as having my second child did not diminish my love for the first. It only expanded my  heart's ability to love more deeply.


So, happy anniversary to my second set of parents! May Jesus bless you with many more happy years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment