Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom

I would like to take a moment to honor the woman who gave me life, not only biologically, but also in every other way.  She raised me to love my Catholic faith.  She raised me to not be afraid of hard work.  She raised me to love my family.  She raised me up to be the best mother and wife I could be, just by her example. These words of Blessed Mother Teresa capture it so well:




Live the Life
by Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Life is an opportunity, try to take it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, savour it.
Life is a dream, make it real.
Life is challenge, try to confront it.
Life is duty, do it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is precious, protect it.
Life is richness, make a treasure of it.
Life is love, enjoy it.
Life is a mystery, try to reveal it.
Life is a promise, carry out.
Life is sadness, try to get over.
Life is a hymn, sing it.
Life is a fight, accept it.
Life is an adventure, run the risk.
Life is felicity, try to deserve it.
Life is life, defend it.

I can tackle the journey of life with vigor, with tenderness, with awe, because of the way my mother lived this out.  Thank you, Mom, and happy birthday!  I love you!

2 comments: