Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's the Point?

I thought about calling my dad to tell him that his 13 year old granddaughter made a 3 point shot in basketball last night, and this is how my imaginary conversation went:

Me:  Hey Dad, Ania shot a 3 pointer yesterday.

Him:  What?  That's great, another good aim in the family.

Me:  Yeah, that's quite an achievement for 13.  I never shot a 3 pointer in my life.

Him:  You never shot an anything pointer in your life.

Me:  Wait just a minute.  I wasn't all that bad a shot.

Him:  You just needed to practice more.

Me:  Well that might be true.

Him:  Well, I've never shot a 12 pointer in my life, so don't feel bad.

Me:  A twelve pointer?  What are you talking about?

Him:  Deer!  What are you talking about?

Hmmmm......I think I better go make that phone call.

3 comments: