Tuesday, June 19, 2012

After the Rain

The Kenya Diaries (vol. 8)

June 19, 2006

Philip's Turn

This morning Daddy made fried eggs and toast for breakfast. We have to fry the bread on the stove to make it into toast. Then I watched Tom and Jerry in the t.v. room. It was so funny! Jerry kept beating up Tom. Jerry and a bird poked holes in Tom with nails and water squirted out. I like watching Tom and Jerry.

Then Ania, Lucia and I played in the trees. We played and played for a long time.

After lunch we played on computer for a while until a big thunderstorm came. Mama ran out and got the clothes off the line just in time. We had to unplug the computer, so we played Uno until the storm passed. It rained for a long time.

After the rain, we went outside to see the wet trees. I found a huge slug on the sidewalk. It was so cool! Mama took pictures.

Then the boys all came out with clippers and hoes to clean up the courtyard. Tomorrow is school inspection day, so they are trying to make it look nice. It was wet and muddy. Ania and Lucia helped clip the bushes. The boys found a huge turtle and brought it over to show me. I got to pick it up. It was heavy!




















Now I need a bath. Daddy is cooking water on the stove so we can have a warm bucket bath. I am also ready for dessert, but since we all had two cookies last night, there is no dessert left for tonight.

I had fun today. Thank you, Jesus, for the fun after the rain. Amina.


No comments:

Post a Comment