Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Fruits of Our Labor

Seven Quick Takes (vol. 11)


I'm back! It wasn't my intention to take a two week sabbatical from blogging, but when the end of the school year, graduation, and Johanna's wedding all occurred within nine days of each other, it's any wonder I even have use of my faculties anymore.

This week has been a busy start to summer as well. Take a look at what I've been up to:

1.  My mother-in-law and I have been working together in the kitchen this week. We canned ten pints of beans from her garden on Friday.






2. Saturday we put up seven quarts of tomatoes from both of our gardens. That's 23 pounds of tomatoes!








3.  I tried my hand at making beef jerky in our dehydrator. The kids loved it!






4. Our very first successful cucumber in all our married years! Ten minutes from vine to table. It tasted like pure sunshine!

There is something ever so satisfying about being provident and resourceful. It does a soul good to reap the benefits of one's labors from start to finish.





5. Just thought I'd mention that I have tennis elbow. I was just diagnosed on Thursday and began wearing my brace, a snug fitting band worn a couple inches below the elbow. That didn't work out since the affected arm is my surgical arm, and is at risk for lymphedema. That brace caused enough swelling for me to have to loosen my watch two notches. So, I had to change to a carpal tunnel brace. It gives great support, but is very difficult to type with.




6. Riding tandem is a great way to put your "togetherness" to the test.  The fruits of your labor will either get you where you are going or not.






7.  My eldest son is back from youth ministry's "boot camp" and is diligently working on his Eagle Scout Ceremony. My Scoutmaster husband  and youngest son are preparing to leave for scout camp. Philip, a First Class Scout, is already setting his sights on Eagle, and is all revved up and ready to go. For him, the journey is just beginning, and we will cheer him on every step of the way!

Add your own Seven Quick Takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment